The magnificent Taj Mahal, an immense mausoleum in India; Robben Island, South Africa, where Nelson Mandela was confined for 27 years; Machu Picchu, the masterpiece of the ancient Inca Empire in Peru; the amazing marine diversity of the Great Barrier Reef in Australia. What do these sites have in common? They are all World Heritage sites and represent the diverse cultural legacies shared by our human race. You can visit these and many other World Heritage Sites with Tauck World Discovery.
UNESCO (United Nations Education, Scientific and Cultural Organization) maintains a list of sites that contribute outstanding universal value to the cultural and natural heritage of our world. Currently there are 936 properties in 153 countries awarded this high honor. If you ever need help in creating a travel bucket list, this would be a good place to start!
With Tauck, knowledge-seeking world travelers can visit many of the World Heritage sites and connect with the people and places with ease. Tauck takes care of all the details so you can truly engage with the destination and find inspiration in interacting with different cultures. They offer several different travel experiences: guided land vacations, river cruising and small ship cruising. Culturious is an active and immersive travel experience with small groups of like-minded adventure seekers. Tauck Bridges is enriching, engaging travel designed for families to enjoy together. All Tauck vacations are of premium quality with the best hotels, authentic meals and exclusive sightseeing included. Knowledgeable tour directors and personalized service insure that travelers don’t have that dreaded “herd” experience.
- Venice & the Dalmatian Coast – Visit the World Heritage Sites of Venice, Dubrovnik, historic Split and Diocletian’s Palace and the Cathedral of St. James in Sibenik with Tauck Small Ship Cruising.
- Budapest to Amsterdam by Riverboat –Tauck River Cruising features all-included private shore excursions that take you to many UNESCO World Heritage Sites, including the historic districts of Budapest, Vienna and Bamberg, and the Wachau and Rhine valleys, plus Schönbrunn Palace (Vienna) and Kölner Dom (Cologne Cathedral).
- Russian Glories, Baltic Treasures – Enjoy an in-depth guided tour of the cobbled streets of old town Riga, Latvia and Tallinn, Estonia; St. Petersburg, Russia and its monuments; the 64-acre Kremlin, Moscow.
- Treasures of the Aegean – On this land and cruise combination, travel from Turkey to the Greek Islands and explore UNESCO World Heritage Sites including the Acropolis, Mycenae, Delos, the medieval city of Rhodes and the historic district in Istanbul.
- Vietnam, Cambodia & Thailand – Experience the fabled archaeological site of Angkor Wat in Cambodia, the South China Sea trading port of Hoi An and Vietnam’s most beautiful city, Hué.
- China, the Yangtze River & Hong Kong – Explore Chinese culture and visit compelling UNESCO World Heritage Sites like the Forbidden City, the Great Wall and the Terra Cotta Warriors, the Summer Palace and Imperial Gardens.
If you would like to find out more about these and other fascinating UNESCO World Heritage Sites or how you can explore other cultures with Tauck, please contact Covington Travel.