You are comfortably ensconced in your adults-only all-inclusive resort for the next few days. Your luxurious room has a private balcony with a view of lush gardens. Your first dinner was mouthwateringly delicious. The pool area has plenty of comfy chaises, fluffy towels and an attentive bartender. What could possibly be missing?
- The annoying reverberation of bass emanating from teenagers’ iPod headphones that makes your teeth tingle as you are enjoying a quiet moment in a garden hammock.
- The unexpected spray from the impromptu cannonball contest that splashes droplets (or more) all over your reading material as you are sunning by the pool.
- An adorable procession of tots making animal sounds as they parade through the resort grounds showing off their “lions, tigers and bears” costume crafts.
- A noisy gaggle of teens taking up residence on the opposite corner of a moonlight patio, interrupting a romantic moment with your lover.
At adults-only resorts, you won’t find playgrounds, game arcades or kids’ activity programs. You will find luxurious spas, candlelit dining and swim-up bars. While many resorts offer entertainment and activities for a variety of ages, adult-only resorts are designed for couples who want to enjoy grown-up vacation features without the under-18 set in sight.
Choosing an adults-only resort doesn’t mean that you dislike kids!
It just means that you want a little time without them around. Even “perfect” parents need a break from diapers, car pools and sports practices occasionally. An adult getaway with your partner can relax and recharge both of you, so that you return home to the kids with renewed energy. Relationship coaches often recommend “date night” for parents, so you can consider and adults-only vacation an extended “date night” that will help- make your relationship stronger.
Adults-only resorts are perfect for romance!
Honeymooners and couples looking to enhance romance will appreciate a kid-free atmosphere as they appease their hedonistic desires. That’s not to say that lewd pubic behavior is an acceptable standard – well, there are some such resorts, which we will ignore in the interest of decorum – but enjoying a private gourmet dinner on the beach, a couples’ massage in an open air cabana or a quiet soak in the hot tub all set the scene for refined romance. Without the distraction of children about, it’s easier to share some eye-gazing and whispered sweet nothings that will strengthen the romantic bond between you.
Many adults-only resorts are all-inclusive
An all-inclusive resort makes it easy to focus on your vacation without worrying about the cost of every dinner, drink or activity. They frequently include multiple dining venues and bars on property, water sports and beach activities, evening entertainment and even local excursions all included in one price. Spa services and retail shopping are typically additional costs.
Some of our favorite all-inclusive adult-only resorts include:
- Sandals Resorts in Jamaica, St. Lucia, Antigua & Bahamas
- Excellence Resorts in Cancun, Riviera Maya & Dominican Republic
- Secrets Resorts in Cancun, Jamaica & Dominican Republic
- Couples Resorts in Jamaica
If an adults-only resort vacation sounds like just what you need, contact Covington Travel’s vacation specialists for help choosing the one that is right for you.
Photos courtesy of Sandals Resorts unless otherwise noted.